Honey is extremely versatile and an easy addition to your edible cannabis collection – not to mention it’s sweet and delicious!
Drizzle it over grilled cheese, add it to your tea, or use it as a sugar replacement in your favourite baking recipes. Cannabis-infused honey is a simple way to add a little sweetness to your day.
The most important step in making your cannabis-infused honey is called decarboxylation. This process activates the psychoactive potential in cannabis by slowly heating the flower at a low temperature and must be done before you start making your cannabis-infused honey.
If you’d like a step-by-step guide on how to decarboxylate your cannabis flower, you can find it in our article The Step-by-step Guide of Decarboxylating Cannabis Using the Oven.
- Add water to the bottom of a double boiler or to a medium saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add honey and decarbed cannabis to the top of the double boiler or to your glass or metal mixing bowl and place on top of the boiler or medium saucepan.
- As the honey softens, gently mix the two ingredients until combined.
- Maintain a gentle simmer for at least 40 minutes, never allowing your mixture to come to a full boil. Optional: Using your thermometer, periodically check and make sure that your temperature doesn’t go above 180°F
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture through a cheesecloth into your container of choice, we suggest a mason jar.
- Use as needed and store in a tightly sealed jar for up to 18 months
Approx. 1 cup (perfect for an 8 oz. mason jar).
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of honey
- 4 grams of decarboxylated cannabis (see flower recommendations below)
- A double boiler, or a medium saucepan and slightly larger glass or metal mixing bowl to place on top
- Silicon spatula
- Mason jar or container
How to Properly Dose Homemade Cannabis-infused Honey
Keep in mind that dosing accurately when making homemade edibles can be difficult, and as always, we recommend the ‘start low, go slow’ mentality when trying to a new product or form of cannabis.
When making a cannabis infused honey, we recommend sampling ¼ teaspoon of the finished infusion and waiting an hour to see how you react to the dose. Depending on how you feel, you can increase or decrease the amount of your cannabis-infused product as desired. You can use this as a benchmark for calculating how much of your infusion to use in your recipe.
Tantalus Labs | Sunset Sherbet
Shop Now at:
Whistler Cannabis Co. | Organic BC Rockstar
Shop Now at:
Tenzo | Watermelon Zkittlez
Shop Now at: