If you’ve had a chance to enjoy the snow during its short time on Vancouver Island, you may be craving a nice, hot drink to end off your frosty evening. What better choice than a hot winter classic like the nostalgic and delicious hot chocolate?
Although the inventors of hot chocolate (the Ancient Mayans of Mexico) enjoyed a very different version than what we drink today, its delectable, rich flavours couldn’t be stopped from becoming a worldwide favourite. If you’re looking for a decadent way to take your hot chocolate to new heights, we’ve got just the recipe for you!
One of our favourite recipe books, Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails & Tonics by Warren Bobrow has created a luxurious twist on the classic hot cocoa. The magic ingredient here is cannabutter, and if you’ve not had the pleasure of making some at home, we highly recommend heading to our blog to learn How to Make Cannabutter!
If you’re unsure of cannabutter in your cannabis hot chocolate, there are a variety of powders and oils you can easily add to any drink of your choosing.
Marrying his experience with cannabis and his passion for mixology Warren Bobrow’s recipe books are an excellent way to introduce cannabis into your lifestyle. With many opting for an alcohol alternative or looking for different ways to consume, cooking with cannabis is becoming increasingly popular. It’s a great time to pick yourself up this recipe book, but for now, enjoy a sneak peek at our take on the “Squadron of Ferocious Dragons” hot canna-cocoa!
- 6 oz. of dark chocolate
- 6-8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 oz. apple sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbl cannabutter
- Freshly whipped cream
- 1/4 oz. good quality caramel sauce
For the “Best Hot Chocolate”
- In a double broiler, melt dark chocolate. Then, whisk in heavy cream. Done!
For the “Squadron of Ferocious Dragons”
- Warm your hot cocoa glass beforehand by filling it with hot water and setting it aside. Once warmed, remove the water.
- Take 6 oz. of the “Best Hot Chocolate” and add it to your glass.
- Add the 1 oz. of applesauce of your choosing and a pinch of salt to the cup and stir until combined.
- Add your 1 oz. a dollop of cannabutter.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel drizzle or any other delicious toppings you can find. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for an easy way to incorporate a bit more cannabis-infused sweets, check out our recommended products. They’re perfect as a topping!
CHÜZ | Edible Salted Caramels
Shop Now at:
Trailblazer | Chocolate Snax Milk Bar
Shop Now at: